Minutes of A.G.M. November, 2015. Friends of Fishers Field

Present: Steve Rook, Betty McBean, Chris Meiers, Eddie Sheridan, Hazel Schenk,Greg Townsend, Marion Roberts, John Compton, Richard Rose, Ciaran Mullan.

Apologies: Julia Meloy, Ursula Ni Aonghusa, Pauline Nicholas. Terry Meiers.

1.             Steve welcomed everyone to the meeting, and gave a summary of yearʼs events.

2.             Treasurer’s report.

As Ursula was absent, Report not presented.

3.             Election of Officers.

All officers wished to stand.

Steve – proposed by Chris, seconded by John. Ursula-proposed by Steve, seconded by Greg.

Betty- proposed by Hazel, seconded by Marion.

Steve announced he would not be standing next year.

4.              Report of Parks Officer.

Richard described work to be undertaken, this coming year, with co-operation of Ciaran.

Friends to trim hedge near Fishers Close. Date to be fixed for Sat/Sun in

Jan/Feb. Ciaran to be present. – New sign urgently needed for bee area. Richard has this in hand. – Extension to bee hives -Steve, Ciaran and Richard are working on this.

Ciaran discussed finances in his department. – Discussion of new development adjacent to Fishers Field.

This generated much discussion. The playground will be finished this month. The site will be closed until next year, to make sure planting is established.The developer will maintain the site for one year after completion, then Hertsmere take over responsibility. – Richard to check with Aaron regarding the new pathway, and a visit for

Friends to look round the area.

5. Update on bees.

Highlights – popularity of the Bee stand at the picnic.

Original hives doing well and prepared for the winter.

Third hive closed down, space to be used for new colony.

Security a concern. Richard providing a new notice.

Hazel passed her bee keeping exams. (Complete report on the website.)

6. Website.

Greg gave a summary of current situation,

There are ʻhitsʼ from all over the world.

7.Feedback on picnic.

Betty wished to thank the Friends for all their help on an occasion that was more difficult than usual. Also thanks to Richard, who accomplished his first FF picnic with flying colours.

Generally agreed it had been a success.

Concern that Affinity water, though booked to provide environmental water saving ideas, did not turn up, though booked. Richard to check this.

Much discussion on the importance of advertising through Facebook, twitter, mumsnet, etc.

Disappointment concerning attendance of Councillors. Cllrs. Lawrence and Merchant to be invited for a walk round with Friends in the Spring.

Suggestion of a FF stand next year, with advertising to encourage new members, and also an evaluation form to gain feedback.

8. A.O.B.

Particular thanks to Ciaron for all his support in the year. Concern over squatter living in FF.